- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs,
- 1 teaspoon herbs dried such as: thyme, tarragon, etc, (optional).
- Freshly milled pepper
- 14 cup vinaigrette oil for frying
- 500 grams Boneless skinless chicken breast
1. You can make bread crumbs at home by whirring the fresh bread in the food processor. Season with the herbs, if using, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board, and cut the chicken into strips about 1 12 inches long and 1 inch wide.
3. Place the chicken in a bowl. Pour vinaigrette over the chicken pieces. With your hands, rub the vinaigrette into the chicken to make the crumbs stick to the chicken. Sprinkle the seasoned bread crumbs over the pieces and toss to coat. The coating won't be evenly distributed but it really doesn't matter.
4. Heat enough oil just to cover the base of the pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the chicken pieces and sauté, without moving them, until the crumbs look golden, about 1 minute. With tongs, turn the pieces over and sauté the second side until golden, about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and continue to sauté, turning the pieces frequently, until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes longer.
• Serves 6 people.
• Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
• Cooking Time: 15 minutes.