- 1 liter milk powder
- 1\4 cup yogurt, beaten
- oil for deep frying
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 1inch piece ginger, cut into matchstick
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1\4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1\2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Bring milk to the boil, Remove from heat and mix the yogurt in. Stir gently until all the milk curdles. Place butter muslin over a colander and pour the curdled milk into it. Draw up the corners of the muslin and squeeze gently. Shape the cheese into a round or a rectangle and place a weight (e.g. saucepan full of water) on it. Leave for 1 1\2 hours.
2. Dice the paneer and deep fry until golden. Wash spinach. Mince ginger very finely. Boil spinach, drain and puree in a blender.
3. Heat oil in a skillet, add onion and ginger and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt to onion mixture. Stir once or twice, add spinach and mix well. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add diced paneer and transfer to a serving dish.
Serve with rice or Naan.
Serves: 6 people.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes.