The book that we will be going through is: "The Science of Reciting the Qur'an" by Ibrahim Surty. You can purchase the book from Kitaabun.com or Simplyislam.com. The student will also have to print out some printouts from the website throughout the course.
About the Book
The following is the description of the book by the publisher:
The Science of Reciting the Qur'an - the first teaching manual of its kind in English.
- An introduction to 'Ilm al-Tajwid, biographies of prominent qurra', diagrams, illustrations and tables
- Seventeen Units explain the important themes and seventy-five rules make the Qur'an recitation clear and easy
- Extensive Practice Texts from the Qur'an in Arabic
- Over one thousand passages from the Qur'an
- Three hours of audio recording for Practice Texts for all seventy-five rules recited by al-Shaykh Sayyid Karrar from Egypt
- Examples analysis for various rules
- A unique opportunity to learn and improve the recitation of the Qur'an. Revised Edition book, with 3 audio CDs intended to elucidate the text.
Author: Muhammad Ibrahim H.I. Surty
Publisher: Islamic Foundation (2000 book; New 2006 CD Edition)
Pages: 256 Binding: Paperback with Vinyl Case