- Makki Ka Atta (Corn Flour) – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain (Carom Seeds) – pinch
- Radish/Dikon/ Muli – 2 tbsp, grated
- Hot Water – 2 tbsp
- Ghee for pan frying
1. Mix the Salt and the Ajwain to the Makki Ka Atta
2. Add in the Muli with squeezing out the liquid.
3. Mix well.
4. Add in hot Water, 1 tbsp at a time.
5. Knead so you are able to make a ball.
6. Take a plastic bag/ziploc and cut it open.
7. Place it on your rolling surface.
8. Wet the surface with water.
9. Place the peda/ball and add a few more drops of water on top.
10. Close and cover.
11. Take a flat bottomed plate and press down gently.
12. Press gently and firmly and evenly.
13. Carefully remove from the plastic and place on a hot, seasoned tawa.
14. Allow it to cook on the bottom.
15. After a couple of minutes, put a few drops of ghee on top and flip.
16. Cook the other side as well and take it off the flame and serve hot!
17. Serve with Sarson Da Saag, Gur Accompaniment, some Maa Di Daal!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 3-4 min each roti
Makes: 4 Rotis