- 1\2 kilogram Bhindi (Okra)
- 2 medium onions (thin slices)
- 3 medium tomato, roughly chopped
- 6-8 green chilies, sliced
- 1\4 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1\2 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Wash bhindi with plenty of water. Dry with tea cloth or just spread in a tray for some time.
2. Cut Bhindi into 1\2 inch pieces, discard the head and tail.
3. In a large heavy based pan, heat oil over high heat. Add okra and turmeric powder and fry for about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and put aside.
4. Fry onion in the same oil for about 5 minutes. Add okra, chopped tomatoes, green chili, black pepper, coriander powder and salt. Cover and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes.
Serve with Chapati.
Serves 4 people.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes.