- 5 cups sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil or vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 C.
2. Toast sesame seeds for 5-10 minutes, shaking the seeds frequently with a spatula. Do not allow to brown.
3. Cool for 20 minutes.
4. Pour sesame seeds into food processor and add oil.
5. Blend for 2 minutes. Check for consistency.
6. It should be a thick, yet pour able texture. Add more oil and blend until desired consistency.
Yield: 4 cups
N.B. Tahini should be stored in the refrigerator in a tightly closed container. It will keep for up to 3 months.